i am asexual - true story

                                   i am asexual (true story) 

am i asexual or demisexual

I Am Asexual





 When I was a teenager, my friends always wanted to know who I had a crush on. Then I would say some boy's name so they wouldn't think I was weird, but the truth was, I didn't feel attracted to any boy... or girl. I figured I just hadn’t met anyone I liked yet, but the older I got, the more I wondered if something was wrong with me. In 10th grade, a boy in my class asked me if I wanted to go to the cinema with him. I said yes, but in the middle of the movie, he tried to kiss me. I always thought kissing was gross, and when his lips met mine, I almost screamed. I pushed him away, saying “ugh! What the Hell?” He immediately apologised and because he felt so embarrassed, he ended up leaving the cinema before the movie was over. It took me a few hours to process and understand what had happened and then I felt awful. I never wanted to hurt him. So I sent him a text to explain that there was nothing wrong with him, but I just didn't like kissing. He didn’t reply, though, and when he saw me at school, he turned and walked away. We never talked to each other again. When I was 16 and still not interested in dating, I tried to find out why I was different to everyone else. I googled "why am I not attracted to anyone" and it turned out I’m not the only one to feel this way. I learned that I was an "asexual" and that there are many people like me who just aren't interested in having a romantic relationship or sex. Don't get me wrong. I am interested in being in a relationship, but more like a close friendship than anything physical. I get that most people wouldn't be interested in that sort of thing though. Luckily, I found some meet-ups in my town just for asexual people. I’ve been to a few now and I've made a lot of friends, even though I'm still not in a relationship. But it's not that important to me anyway. When I tell people I'm asexual, they sometimes think I can't love, but that's not true. I love my mom and dad. I love my dog. But I am not able to love someone romantically. I just don't have that feeling. The only bad thing about being asexual is that it sometimes makes you feel like you don’t belong. That's why it was such a relief to learn I'm not the only one.

No comments